Apple Almond Butter Snack
Quick, and healthy Apple Almond Butter Snack. We love making these because they’re one of the easiest snacks to make, and the kids are satisfied after eating them. It’s as simple as slice up your favorite apples, spoon some almond butter into a bowl, and drizzle with a little honey. Voila, happy kids!!
Wow, the Apple Almond Butter Snack with honey drizzle is such an easy classic snack. Since this is so easy why do so many of us forget about it? Maybe because there’s so many creative people making beautiful designer snacks and food that we get caught up in trying to replicate those ideas. No matter what the trend is, I always come back to this quick and easy Apple Almond Butter Snack.
My boys are usually starving after school, so this is one of the quickest after school snack ideas for kids. There are days when I don’t have the time to get creative, or make something that takes a little more time. Although smoothies are one of my go to snacks, it still takes a little extra time to make. This apple snack recipe literally takes no more than 3-5 minutes. Almond butter also provides healthy benefits to kids, so if allergies aren’t an issue I would consider doing the swap with peanut butter.
STEPS TO MAKE THE THE APPLE SNACKS
- First, what nut butter will you be using. We used almond butter, but other choices could be peanut butter, cashew butter, mixed nut butter. Sunflower butter is a great choice for kids with nut allergies.
- Next, get 2 small bowls, and plate. Add a serving of nut butter to a small bowl, and honey to the other.
- Time to get ready to slice your apples. You can cut them using a knife, or an apple slicer. If you use a knife to cut them, then I recommend using an apple corer. Siplifies the process.
- Place the two small bowls, and the apple slices onto the plate. Let your child dip or drizzle to their hearts content. ❤
- (Btw, this is a great kitchen activity for the kids)
IS AN APPLE WITH ALMOND BUTTER A GOOD SNACK?
Yes, this is a good snack and a healthy one! As the old expression goes, “An apple a day helps keep the doctor away.” We love this snack in our house because it tastes good, and has several healthy ingredients that are good for you. This is only a short list of the many benefits of apples, and almond butter.
5 Health Benefits to Eating Apples
- Good source of soluble fiber
- Boosts the immune system
- Improve eyesight
- Gives you energy
- Improves brain function
5 Health Benefits to Eating Almond Butter
- Good source of fiber – 1.6 grams per 1 tablespoon
- Good source of protein – 3.4 grams per 1 tablespoons
- High in monounsaturated fats – The healthy fats
- Vitamin E – Great for skin
- High in calcium – Good for strong bones
DOES ALMOND BUTTER NEED TO BE REFRIGERATED?
This will depend on the brand you buy. If it’s organic with no preservatives, or additives then you will want to keep it in the refrigerator after being opened.
Once almond butter is opened it is susceptible to rancidity and spoilage. The opened jar will only have a shelf life of freshness for about 2-3 months. We always put our opened jars in the refrigerator, and This way it should last about twice as long.
Another benefit to storing it in the fridge is to keep the oil from separating. Simply stir well, twist the lid on firmly, and store in the refrigerator.
If it’s unopened, then it should have a shelf life of about 2 years.
Honey is optional, but i f you do choose to use the honey then I would definitely go with the green apples. There’s something about the tart and sweet that makes this so delicious. But any apples will go with this quick and easy snack.
THINGS YOU MAY NEED FOR THIS RECIPE
Apple Almond Butter Snack
- 1 medium green apple
- 1 medium red apple fugi, gala, red delicious
- 2-3 tablespoons almond butter
- 1/2-1 tablespoon honey
- Using an apple slicer or a knife, cut apples into slices removing the core and seeds.
- Put the almond butter into a small dish to dip your apples.
- Spoon the honey, or use a bottle with a squeeze top and drizzle over the apples.
Share the ❤️on Pinterest!