Banana Date Muffins are great for the kids snack bags!
Brody and I are always talking about different recipes, and types of muffins for a snack. Banana is a regular ingredient for several of the recipes we create. We use them in smoothies, creative fun snacks, and definitely baking. I love the Banana Date Muffins creation. I will always add in an extra healthy ingredient when I can get away with it. The dates gives a little extra natural sweetness.
Click on images below to view larger.
For some reason I love mixing this part of the recipe. Maybe it’s the brown sugar and melted butter! I have to remind Brody to keep his fingers out, not a fan of eating raw eggs. It’s so funny how times have changes. When I was growing up, we ate raw eggs. They were healthy for you, and made your hair really shiny. Even though I never knew anyone that got sick from eating raw eggs, I would definitely not eat them now.
- mashed bananas
- brown sugar
- melted butter
It seems like this is the best part for the kids, pouring the flour mixture into the wet ingredients. Maybe it looks like magic to them when it mixes up. I usually have to split the flour mix, so both get a turn.
We added a few banana slices to the top to make them pretty. Also, we added walnuts to the top of a few of them. Unfortunately, we have to leave out the walnuts or they won’t be able to take them to school.
These Banana Date Muffins taste delicious. The edges are crispy, and the middle is soft. A perfect muffin!!
If you love these banana date muffins, you’ll love our recipe for Banana Muffin Thins. These are also great for the kids school snacks.
Let us know if you make them, and leave us a comment below. 🙂
Banana Date Muffins
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup bran
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 large bananas mashed
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter melted
- 1/2 cup walnuts optional
- 1/4 cup dates
- Preheat oven to 350º degrees. Ovens may vary with temperature.
- Spray muffin pan with a non-stick spray, or use paper liners.
- Chop the dates into small pieces, and set aside to add at the end.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, bran, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside. Using a fork mix the dry mixture so it combines evenly.
- In a large mixing bowl add the bananas and mash them, leaving a few chunky pieces of the banana. Then add the brown sugar, eggs, and melted butter. Mix on a low-med speed until well combined.
- Now, add the flour mixture into the mixing bowl with the wet ingredients on low to medium speed; adding a small amount at a time until smooth and well mixed. Fold in the dates, and walnut if including in the recipe.
- Fill the muffins 3/4 of the way, and bake 25-30 minutes. They will be done when edges and top are slightly browned.