3 Bean Turkey Chili
This 3 Bean Turkey Chili is a great recipe any time of the year. Easy to make, and loaded with healthy ingredients for a perfect meal for the family. Made with ground turkey, kidney beans, black beans, and garbanzo beans, corn, black olives, tomato sauce, and seasoned just right for that perfect flavor.
3 BEAN TURKEY CHILI
- 1/2 medium onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 2 15-ounce can tomato sauce (no salt added)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 15-ounce can black beans (drain & rinse)
- 1 15-ounce can kidney beans (drain & rinse)
- 1 15-ounce can garbanzo beans (drain & rinse)
- 1 3.8-once can sliced black olives (drain)
- 1 cup corn (can, frozen, or off the cobb)
- 2 tablespoons can green chili
- 1 tablespoons chili powder (add slowly as desired)
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 tablespoon chipotle powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
FOR THE TOP
- sour cream
- Mexi-mix shredded cheese (or more)
- scallions/ green onions
- diced tomatoes
- bag corn chips
Gather all the ingredients, measure, dice, drain and rinse the beans.
In a large saucepan over medium heat add the diced onion, and garlic, and sauté for about 2 minutes. Then add the ground turkey for an additional 5-7 minutes.
While the meat is cooking add the 1/2 of the garlic salt, and 1/2 of the chili powder. Continue to stir until the meat is cooked.
Pour the tomato sauce, beans, black olives, frozen corn, water, and diced green chili's into the pot.
Next, add the remaining seasoning to the pot.
Slowly stir all the ingredients together until well mixed, cover, and reduce the heat to low. Simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Remove from heat, and serve in bowls topped with shredded cheese, sour cream, green onions, or your favorite topping.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 98kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 31mg | Sodium: 681mg | Potassium: 287mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 961IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 21mg | Iron: 1mg