Kids love this Chocolate Chia Pudding treat recipe!
We love this Chocolate Chia Pudding recipe. It’s so yummy, and chia seeds are considered to be a nutrient packed Superfood, which makes me pretty happy serving this up to the kids. I believe this could be one of the healthiest, and easiest recipes to make. The variations of flavors and ingredients are endless, and one can get so creative. We’ve made the puddings several ways, and one our personal favorites is the Banana Chia Seed Pudding. When Brody asked for chocolate, I though very simple yet decadent. The Chocolate Chia Pudding is just that, healthy, easy, simple, and decadent. In fact, I kept making it for lunches, snacks, and dessert after dinner.
Chia seeds are white, and black in color. I use the white ones for all the recipes, and they seemed to have a lighter flavor. Well, after looking into it, there’s actually no difference in them other than the color.
Chocolate Chia Pudding
CHIA SEED PUDDING
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1-2 tablespoons agave
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract alcohol free
- 1/4 cup Chia seeds
- Using a container or jar with a tight fitting lid. Gather your ingredients, and add the coconut milk, cocoa powder, agave, and vanilla extract together.
- Stir, or place the lid on and shake until well mixed.
- Stir in the Chia seeds, and let rest for about 5 minutes. Then, stir again or put the lid on and shake until well mixed. Place in the refrigerator at least 4 hours, or overnight.
- When it has reached a pudding consistency, it's ready!