CHOCOLATE PEPPERMINT SHAKE
It’s beginning to taste a lot like Christmas with this delicious Chocolate Peppermint Shake. We definitely went for flavor with this recipe, adding rich chocolate ice cream, cream, and peppermint. This makes a great quick and easy dessert for the kids, and the whole family.
When I tasted this delicious Chocolate Peppermint Shake, I instantly thought Christmas. It’s reminiscent of the holidays, with the candy canes and that peppermint smell. It brings back great family memories, growing up.
This is a decadent shake meant for those chocolate lovers, and what kid isn’t a chocolate lover? We added the peppermint extract and it tastes amazing. We originally used chocolate peppermint candy bark. Then, after another couple rounds of shake creation we realized it was just as good with the peppermint extract.
Just a few ingredients, and the toppings:
- chocolate ice cream
- heavy cream or half & half
- peppermint extract
- candy canes
- whipped cream
- candy cane pieces
We decided to make this shake because Brody wanted to make this one for Santa. We had limited time over the holidays, but this was a must.
Although Brody has some experience in the kitchen, I see where the practice really gives him confidence and the ability to have more fun.
STEPS TO MAKE THE CHOCOLATE PEPPERMINT SHAKE
HOW TO MAKE THE BEST CHOCOLATE PEPPERMINT SHAKE
- First, add the chocolate ice cream to the blender.
- Next, add one third of the heavy cream or half & half.
- Add the peppermint extract.
- Then the candy canes. (There will be tiny crunchy pieces in the shake after blending, yum!)
- Start blending , and give it a minute to blend the ice cream with thew liquid. You want the shake to be thick, so only add more half & half if needed.
- Once it’s well blended, pour into you favorite holiday glasses and enjoy!
What’s all the talk about Chick–fil-A’s Peppermint Chocolate Shake? Well the truth is that it’s delicious! Their recipe is vanilla ice cream with pieces of peppermint and chocolate chips. Their shake is thick, and has a cool sweet taste. Unfortunately it’s only seasonal, and hopefully you have a Chick–fil-A in your area.
I wanted to share this with you, because their shake is a great treat if you’re out on the road.
If you’re not out on the road and want something a little more decadent, then we’ve created the perfect easy shake recipe for you. This is a holiday favorite in my house, and the kids look forward to it every year.
TIPS TO MAKE THE CHOCOLATE PEPPERMINT SHAKE
- Use a good quality thick chocolate ice cream.
- Add the liquid a little at a time so the shake stays nice and thick.
- Instead of adding ice cream if it needs thickening, you can add ice. (less calories)
CHOCOLATE PEPPERMINT SHAKE
- 2 cups chocolate ice cream
- 1/4-1/2 cup heavy cream or half & half add 1/4 cup, then add more as needed
- 3/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2 small candy canes or 1 large
- 2-3 oz whipped cream
- 1 small crushed candy cane sprinkle over whipped cream
- Add the ice cream to the blender
- Add the heavy cream or half & half, and start to blend
- Add the peppermint extract, and candy canes.
- Pour into glass, and add the whipped cream to the top.
- Sprinkle with the crush candy canes pieces.
Share the ❤️on Pinterest!