Cream Cheese Snacks
EASY TO MAKE CREAM CHEESE SNACKS
Cream cheese snacks are an easy 3 ingredients recipe perfect for the kids to make. These are great for an after school snack, or a healthy treat. They’re made with seeds and grains crisp bread, whipped cream cheese light, raspberry, blueberry, and apricot preserves. This would taste great with cream cheese and fruit slices as well.
Since my kids are always hungry and requesting something to eat, I encourage healthy snacks. Snacks that look and taste good are the way to their hearts, and easy prep is the way to mine. 🙂 I’ve seen how easy it is for the kids to grab the sugary carbohydrate snacks, so being prepared with a list of snack ideas always saves the day. (Saves me from eating the sugary cards too!)
STEPS TO MAKE CREAM CHEESE SNACKS
WHAT IS CREAM CHEESE?
Cream cheese is a fresh soft cheese that is not aged. This tends to be a kids favorite due to it’s mild, and sweet flavor. It’s used for desserts, and savory dishes. The recipe ideas are endless for this yummy cheese. It has a short shelf life, and will only last about a week in the refrigerator after being opened.
WHAT CAN I EAT WITH CREAM CHEESE?
Since cream cheese is great for desserts, and savory dishes you will have many choices for recipes. I like to use them for snacks for the kids.
MORE IDEAS USING CREAM CHEESE
- Pinwheel sandwiches – For savory add some cucumber and sliced turkey, or chicken beast. For sweet, add a fruit preserve or fresh fruit.
- Celery sticks – cut celery stalk into 1/4 pieces and fill with cream cheese, sprinkle with paprika, chili lime salt, or cinnamon.
- No bake cheesecake – simple recipe, and easy for the kids to make. Check out our no-bake mini cheesecakes.
CREAM CHEESE SNACKS WITH FRUIT PRESERVES – YUM
IS CREAM CHEESE REALLY CHEESE?
This is a question that seems to have people perplexed with the answer. After some investigating, I discover that it is in fact a cheese. It’s considered an unripened fresh cheese, and falls into a category of cheeses that are ready to consume immediately after production. Like mozzarella, ricotta, and queso blanco. Want to make homemade cream cheese? Sounds like fun, let us know if you decide to give it a try.
TIPS FOR MAKING CREAM CHEESE SNACKS
- Look for a healthy cracker, low salt and sugar. We used TJ’s Seeds & Grains Crispbread.
- Use a whipped, or regular light cream cheese.
OTHER IDEAS FOR CRISP BREAD TOPPINGS
- Try a nut butter – almond, cashew, or peanut butter with fresh fruit slices on top.
- Cream cheese with fresh fruit.
- Make it savory with cream cheese and cucumbers, and seasoning.
- Turkey, or ham and cheese. Yum!
MORE SNACK IDEAS FROM BUSY LITTLE CHEFS
CREAM CHEESE SNACKS
- 1 seeds & grains crispbread (We used Trader Joe's brand)
- 2 tablespoons whipped cream cheese light
- 1 tablespoon raspberry, blueberry, or apricot preserves (We used no added sugar)
- sprinkle chia seeds (I added this for fun)
- Using 1 crispbread, spread the cream cheese over the cracker
- Smooth the preserves over the top, and enjoy! That's it, super easy, 🙂