Easy Apple Snacks
EASY APPLE SNACKS
Easy Apple Snacks are so fun and delicious. We start with a crisp apple cut into round slices, then added sweet and healthy ingredients as toppings. The kids were able to make these themselves with ease.
We’re always brainstorming around here to create the perfect snack. I usually have to take the lead because my guys think anything with chocolate in it is a snack. Apples are definitely a favorite around here, so we get pretty creative. The ideas are endless for these. We chose 4 variations for this recipe.
- Nutella, and bananas
- Yogurt, granola, and bananas
- Yogurt, and strawberries
- Almond butter, bananas, with honey drizzle (my favorite)
HOW TO MAKE EASY APPLE SNACKS – STEP BY STEP
Click on images below to view larger.
ARE APPLES A GOOD SNACK?
Apples are a perfect healthy snack for kids. Not only are they healthy, but they will count as one serving of the daily recommended intake from ChooseMyPlate.Gov. Apples on their own are low in calories, and a good source of vitamin C and fiber. To create an even more nutritious snack, try eating them with peanut butter, almond butter, or Greek yogurt dip.
IS APPLES AND PEANUT BUTTER A HEALTHY SNACK?
Apples with peanut butter are a very healthy snack. It may be considered high in calories and fat, but stick with the serving size from the nutrition label. With all the energy the kids have, they will most likely burn it off, and come back for more.
WHAT GOES GOOD WITH APPLE SLICES?
5 Yummy Recipe Ideas for Apple Slices
- Almond butter with honey drizzle
- Vanilla yogurt dip with a swirl of cinnamon
- Combine cashew butter with mashed bananas
- Caramel dip with crushed peanuts
EASY APPLE SNACKS THAT KIDS LOVE!
Gather the ingredients you would like to use. These are my favorites, but the ideas are endless. We used Honeycrisp Apples which are the most delicious in my opinion. Always sweet, and very crisp. They’re also the priciest, but well worth it! I recommend an apple corer for this recipe. It is so easy to use, and will make this recipe a breeze. You’ll want to seal up the opening with some banana slices, or apple slices.
Leave us a comment below, and let us know your favorite.
- Start with a fresh, clean, crisp apples. Freshness does matter in taste , and texture with apples. They start to taste grainy when they’ve aged, and not fresh.
- Buy organic apples when possible. I make sure to buy organic, as apples always seem to make it on the Dirty Dozen foods list.
- Choose apples without any bruises on them. This ensures the kids will eat them.
Easy Apple Snacks
- apples use you favorites
- plain yogurt add a little honey to sweeten
- almond butter
- honey to sweeten the yogurt, and drizzle
- Gather all your ingredients, and wash the apples.
- In a small bowl mix the yogurt with the honey.
- Remove the cores form the apples. You will want to use an apple corer to remove the core from the apple. This could work with a knife, but a breeze with the apple corer.
- Add a thin banana slice to the center of the apple so the ingredients won't run through the hole. You can also use a very thin apple slice to cover up the hole.
- Now, add your topping however you will like them. The kids like to get really creative with these.