Halloween Magic Cookie Bars
We created Halloween Magic Cookie Bars by adding a twist to the famous classic Magic Cookie Bar recipe. We layered them with graham cracker crumbs, sweetened condensed milk, shredded coconut, pecans, multi colored chocolate chips, and some fun Halloween sprinkles.
This is one of my all time favorite go to treat recipes. Halloween Magic Cookie Bars is a twist on the original Magic Cookie Bars. It never fails , but when I make these someone always falls in love and has to have the recipe. As much as I want to claim it as my own, I usually give up the recipe.
Recently, Brody and I made a batch for his friends dad. He said he keeps them in his freezer, and has one…..or 2 when he gets a sweet craving.
The best part about making these cookie bars is that the whole house smells sweet like a fresh baked cookie.
SIMPLE INGREDIENTS AND SIMPLE STEPS
The original recipe calls for walnuts, but I love pecans and wanted to change up the flavor a bit. Pecans remind me of the Fall season, so it’s nice to change it up. Wow, it was so worth the change!
The ingredients are basic, and an easy to follow recipe.
- melted butter
- graham crackers
- sweetened condensed milk
- colored chocolate chips
- shredded coconut
DO MAGIC COOKIE BARS NEED TO BE REFRIGERATED?
They don’t need to be refrigerated, since the sweetened condensed milk was cooked they should keep at room temp. If you do opt to keep them in the refrigerator, just remove from the refrigerator and let sit for a few minutes to soften up before you eat one. I find they taste best cooled off, or heated up just a little so the chocolate is melted. Yum!
HOW LONG DO COOKIE BARS LAST?
They last about 3-5 days if kept in the refrigerator, and up to 6 months in the freezer. Both should be kept in air tight containers.
Unfortunately, the orange and semi-sweet chips I used in this recipe are no longer available.( Nestle Toll House Halloween Morsels) Luckily I was able to find another brand at Walmart that has the Halloween colors.
I love these sprinkles! They have little bats, ghosts, and a variety of Halloween colored sprinkles in the bottle. You can do so much with these yummy Halloween Magic Cookie Bars. Just get creative, and add your favorite toppings.
YOU MAY NEED FOR THIS RECIPE
MORE HALLOWEEN RECIPES FROM BUSY LITTLE CHEFS
We love Halloween recipes, and so fun to make with the kids. Here are more great Halloween recipes to try from Busy Little Chefs.
Let us know if you make these , and leave us a comment below. 🙂
Halloween Magic Cookie Bars
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine melted
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs crushed
- 1 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate and color morsels 1 1/2 chocolate, & 1/2 colored
- 1 1/3 cups flaked coconut
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2-3 tablespoons mixed halloween sprinkles
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F (325 degrees for glass dish). Coat 13x9-inch baking pan with no-stick cooking spray.
- Combine graham cracker crumbs and butter. Press into bottom of prepared pan. Pour sweetened condensed milk evenly over crumb mixture.
- Layer evenly adding chocolate chips first, then coconut and nuts. Press down firmly with a fork.
- Here you can add a few more colored morsels to the top for color.
- Bake 25 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Sprinkle the top with the Halloween sprinkles. Cool, and cut into bars.
Leave a Reply
We would love to hear from you!