Healthy Granola Recipe
Healthy Granola Recipe with walnuts is great for breakfast, or snack!
My younger son Landon loves granola, so I buy it in bulk from a local health food grocery store (Sprouts). Before I look at the flavors, I check the sugar grams. I will not buy any if it has over 6 grams of sugar. Even though I would love for it to be less than that, I haven’t seen one under 6 grams. I would highly recommend checking this before you buy, because some of them are LOADED with sugar, up into 20 plus grams.
A well balanced granola of oats, nuts and seeds, and sweetener is what I strive for. This Healthy Granola Recipe is so simple to make, and delicious. We eat this for breakfast, snack, poured over fruit or ice cream. You won’t believe there’s 5 simple ingredients used for this recipe.
- old fashioned oat (recommend organic)
- hemp seeds
- canola oil
I added extra protein with the hemp seeds, and walnuts. This turned out to be a great combination, and tastes amazing. Make sure to keep an eye on the granola while cooking, it can cook very fast depending on your over.
Any milk tastes good with this Healthy Granola Recipe. Our favorites are goat milk, and coconut milk. Add some bananas for a potassium boost, the kids always love bananas.
Please let us know if you make this, and leave us a comment below.
Healthy Granola Recipe
- 2 cups whole rolled oats aka, old fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 1 1/2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- dash salt
MILK & EXTRAS
- 1/2 cup favorite milk
- sliced bananas (or your favorite fruit)
- Preheat oven to 300ºF, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl add the dry ingredients, whole rolled oats, hemp seeds, walnuts, and a dash salt. Set aside while preparing the wet ingredients.
- Put the coconut oil and honey into a microwave safe cup or bowl. Microwave using the melt option for about 45 seconds until the coconut oil is melted.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry mixture. Stir, and fold until coated and well mixed.
- Now pour the mixture onto the baking sheet with parchment paper, and with a spatula spread out evenly.
- Place in the oven and bake for 6-8 minutes. After the 8 minutes, turn the baking sheet so the front edge is now in the back, and mix the granola. Doing this will ensure even toasting, for a nice golden hue.
- Bake an additional 6-8 minutes. Remove from oven, and let cool. It's now ready to eat. Add about a 1/4 cup to a small bowl with some sliced bananas, and your favorite milk. Enjoy!