Switch up your breakfast for a Healthy Tofu Scramble!
Since I’ve been on this kick to eat more plant based meals and snacks, I decided to incorporate this into the kids meals as well. When I started this plan, I thought it was going to be difficult, but it actually became very eye opening and educational. There’s a whole other world out there of ingredients, seasonings, and preparation. The Tofu Scramble is my personal favorite. I threw this together in place of eggs, and it’s a hit in my house. It’s so flavorful, and this can actually be made for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
Click images below to view larger.
Healthy Tofu Scramble
I don’t use a lot of soy based products for the kids, but I don’t mind rotating tofu into some of their meals. This healthy flavorful dish is really simple to cook up. The ingredients include:
- olive oil
- red bell peppers
- soy chorizo
The soy chorizo is really delicious, and SPICY. I use about 1/3 of the serving size just for flavor, and to reduce the spiciness and sodium. I created this dish, because I wanted just a plant based meal with no animal products in it. If you’re not into this recipe with the tofu, definitely try it with eggs and a different type of chorizo.
If you like the plant-based meals try our Best 3 Bean Chili Recipe. One of out favorites!
Let us know if you make this, and leave us a comment below. Thanks, 🙂
Healthy Tofu Scramble
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1-2 tablespoons diced onion
- 3 ounce firm tofu
- 2 tablespoons soy chorizo
- handful fresh spinach
- Prepare, and measure all ingredients.
- Place sauce pan over medium high heat, allow pan to get hot before adding any ingredients.
- Add the olive oil to the pan, and allow to get hot before adding any ingredients. About 2 minutes.
- Once oil is hot, add the bell peppers, for 3-4 minutes, bell peppers will start to soften. Then add the onions for an additional 2 minutes.
- Next add the tofu, chorizo, and spinach. With a spatula, keep moving the ingredients in the pan, so everything is getting cooked and spinach starts to soften. Cook for about 5 minutes, and it's done.
This tofu scramble recipe is surely a healthy one that we shouldn’t miss. This would really mean a lot. Thanks for notching this one out.