This High Protein Salad is a great lunch idea!
This High Protein Salad is a great energy packed lunch for the kids. Whenever I’m putting together the kids lunches or any meal, I always think about including a good protein. I want them to have a variety of vegetables, proteins,seeds, fruits, and I like to sneak in a treat. 🙂 Usually, I have more options with Brody’s lunch, because he will always try something new. Landon, on the other hand, is my picky guy. Brody loves this High Protein Salad lunchbox and would eat it everyday, but Landon would likely pick it apart only eating the carrots, garbanzo beans, eggs whites, and sunflower seeds. I suppose that’s pretty good, although I would love for him to eat the lettuce and cucumbers too.
Although I made this lunchbox for the kids, I made one for myself too. I love garbanzo beans! In fact I eat them almost everyday, and I will always add them to salads.
Cheese or no cheese? I sliced one of these up and added it to the salad. They have a very mild flavor, and not too firm. These are great for the snack bags too.
They say eggs are the perfect protein. Brody will eat 2-3 hard boiled eggs at a time. He’s a growing boy…..fast growing boy.
I included fresh raspberries, and blackberries for the fruit. The blackberries were so delicious, and probably the best I’ve ever tasted. Not sure why, maybe just a really good batch. Also, for little treat I included Chocolate Chia Seed Pudding. This is a must try, and a good source of nutrients for kids.
High Protein Salad
- 1 handful red leaf lettuce
- 1/4 cup carrots steamed & chilled
- 1/4 cup tomatoes chopped
- 1/4 cup cucumbers chopped
- 1 1/2 hard boiled eggs sliced
- 1/4 cup garbanzo beans can
- 1 tablespoon black olives sliced in the can
- 1 ounce cheese babybel cheese
- 1 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup raspberries & blackberries
CHIA SEED PUDDING
- Steam the carrots, and either keep in refrigerator to chill or put them into ice water to cool them quickly.
- Wash the lettuce, and tear into bite size pieces.
- Chop, and slice all other ingredients. Set all ingredients aside.
- To assemble the salad, add a handful of lettuce first. Then, making rows with the ingredients start with the egg, carrots, black olives, garbanzo beans, tomatoes, and cucumbers. On the top add the cheese, and sprinkle the sunflower seeds.
- Wash the fruit thoroughly, and pat dry. Place in compartment.