PUMPKIN PIE SMOOTHIE
You won’t believe this Pumpkin Pie Smoothie tastes just like pumpkin pie. It’s creamy, and made with healthy ingredients. We added pumpkin purée, milk or milk alternative, dates, pecans, agave, pumpkin pie spice, and topped with fluffy whipped cream. This is definitely a holiday favorite.
Click here to watch YouTube video
This Pumpkin Pie Smoothie was such a nice surprise to taste. We experimented with different ingredients, and wanted to include healthier choices. Like we used agave and the dates for natural sweetness instead of sugar. Also, we wanted it to taste just like a pie, so we added in pecans and the pumpkin pie spice. It just kept getting better!
Then, we added the dates! I know some people aren’t fans of the funny looking fruit and some are even grossed out by them, but wow, adding the dates took this smoothie to a whole other level. They didn’t blend up completely, and tasted like tiny pieces of candy in your mouth. Mmmm!
STEPS TO MAKE THE PUMPKIN PIE SMOOTHIE
HOW TO MAKE A PUMPKIN PIE SMOOTHIE
This smoothie is really easy to make. It involves a little prep work before hand, but the results are an amazing tasting smoothie. You will need to freeze the pumpkin purée in ice trays.
The ingredients and the process are really simple, and makes you feel like you’re in the holiday season.
- pumpkin purée (frozen)
- milk or milk alternative
- pecan pieces
- whole pitted dates
- pumpkin pie spice
- whipped cream
- red sprinkles
We decided to freeze the pumpkin purée so we wouldn’t need to add any ice. I didn’t want the ice to dilute the thickness and change the Pumpkin Pie Smoothie flavor. It worked perfectly. Definitely worth a try!
Get your blender ready, and all the ingredients measured out. Grab the frozen pumpkin purée cubes, and put them in a baggie. I recommend crushing them up in the baggie before adding them to the blender. They should be ok whole if you have a high power blender.
Add all the ingredients to the blender, with the frozen pumpkin on the top. Let it blend until all lumps, and frozen pieces are blended.
You should have a thick and creamy smoothie, with the consistency of a shake.
Pour into a glass, top with whipped cream and the red or your favorite sprinkles.
TIPS TO MAKE THE BEST PUMPKIN PIE SMOOTHIE
- Freeze the pumpkin purée for a creamier smoothie.
- For milk alternative try almond, coconut, or oat milk.
- Make the smoothie without banana so you have the full pumpkin pie flavor.
- Add the liquid a little at a time for your desired thickness.
- Gradually add the the pumpkin pie spice, it can have strong flavors.
We’re truly proud of this delicious smoothie, and Brody is loving every sip!
THINGS YOU MAY NEED FOR THIS RECIPE
MORE SMOOTHIE RECIPES FROM BUSY LITTLE CHEFS
Pumpkin Pie Smoothie
- 15 oz pumpkin puree one can
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons agave
- 1/4 cup pecans
- 6 whole dates pitted
- 2-3 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- whipped cream
- In a medium sized bowl mix pumpkin with 1/2 cup of the milk, then add the mixture into an ice tray and cover with plastic wrap, and freeze solid. (This can be a bit hard on your blender, so If you choose not to freeze the pumpkin, add 1-2 cups of ice gradually for desired thickness)
- Remove from freezer, and put directly into the blender. (Or break them into smaller pieces so easier to blend. Put in a baggie, and hit with a mallet to break them up.)
- Add the other 1 cup milk, agave, pecans, dates, and pumpkin pie spice.
- Blend until all the ingredients are well blended and looks smooth.
- Pour into glass, and add some whipped cream to the top, and your fall colored sprinkles.
Leave a Reply
We would love to hear from you!