Pumpkin Pie Smoothie
You won’t believe this Pumpkin Pie Smoothie tastes just like a Pumpkin Pie!
This Pumpkin Pie Smoothie was such a nice surprise to taste. As we were experimenting with the ingredients, I wanted to add more healthier choices. Like we used agave instead of sugar. Also, we wanted it to taste just like a pie, so we threw in pecans and the pumpkin pie spice. It just kept getting better. Then, we added the dates! I know some people are not fans of the funny looking fruit and some are even grossed out by them, but wow did adding the dates take it to the next level. It sweetened the smoothie a bit, but it doesn’t blend up completely and they taste like tiny pieces of candy when they hit your mouth. Mmmm!
Click on images below to view larger.
The reason we decided tom freeze the pumpkin was so we didn’t have to add any ice. I didn’t want the ice to dilute the thickness and change the Pumpkin Pie Smoothie flavor. It worked perfectly. I would only say this could be hard on your blender, so add the cubes to a baggie and break them down by hitting them with a mallet.
Also, I’ve been keeping the cubes in a freezer bag and keeping them in the freezer , and then I’m able to make one when I’m in the mood. Lately I’ve been making them for the kids as a snack after school.
Definitely worth a try! For the adults you could add a little rum or vodka to give it a pumpkin pie kick, 🙂
The ingredients are simple, and really makes you feel like your in the holiday season.
We used milk for this smoothie, but add your favorite cold beverage. I bet coconut milk would taste really yummy!! The pumpkin puree is very thick, so we thinned it by adding the milk. This way it was much easier to work with.
As you can see it pours right into the ice trays. If you don’t add the milk to the pumpkin, then just spoon it right into the trays.
We usually freeze the pumpkin in ice cube trays, then pop them into a baggie for later use. We always keep a bag of them handy during the fall, and winter months. Make sure when you’re ready to use them to add them to a baggie, and break them apart with a mallet. I have a great blender, and it still seems to work hard to break it down.
Let us know if you make this! We’re truly proud of this Pumpkin Pie Smoothie.
Pumpkin Pie Smoothie
- 15 oz pumpkin puree one can
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons agave
- 1/4 cup pecans
- 6 whole dates pitted
- 2-3 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- whipped cream
- In a medium sized bowl mix pumpkin with 1/2 cup of the milk, then add the mixture into an ice tray and cover with plastic wrap, and freeze solid. (This can be a bit hard on your blender, so If you choose not to freeze the pumpkin, add 1-2 cups of ice gradually for desired thickness)
- Remove from freezer, and put directly into the blender. (Or break them into smaller pieces so easier to blend. Put in a baggie, and hit with a mallet to break them up.)
- Add the other 1 cup milk, agave, pecans, dates, and pumpkin pie spice.
- Blend until all the ingredients are well blended and looks smooth.
- Pour into glass, and add some whipped cream to the top, and your fall colored sprinkles.