Valentine’s Popcorn Recipe
Click image above to view larger.
This makes such a pretty presentation in the can, and makes really fun gifts. Using the can was fun, but we made other gifts by putting them in Valentine boxes, and clear bags with a ribbon. You can get really creative with this using other fun colors, and tins. Another idea is to do is make just single colors, place the popcorn in the tin, and it will have the rainbow effect with the colors side by side.
The fun thing about candy melts is they come in just about every color. For this popcorn treat, we chose Valentine theme colors. We also used dark chocolate, but milk chocolate tastes just as yummy.
Pour the white melted chocolate right onto the popcorn, and fold it into the popcorn until popcorn is coated. After you’ve coated the popcorn with the white melted candy melts, pour onto the parchment paper and spread out. It’s ok if it clumps together. Some will be stuck together by larger and smaller pieces.
Then pull out your Polluck moves, and drizzle the different colors and chocolate onto the popcorn.
Let us know if you make this , and leave us a comment below.
If you like making goodies, click here to see all or yummy Sweet Treat recipes.
Valentine's Popcorn Recipe
- 5 cups popped popcorn salted
- 1/2 cup melted candy melts white
- 2 tablespoons melted candy melts red
- 2 tablespoons melted candy melts bright pink
- 3 tablespoons melted chocolate
- heart sprinkles & assorted
- shortening or vegetable oil (shortening needs to be melted)
- Put the popcorn into a large bowl, and set aside.
- Add the candy melts and chocolate in microwave safe bowls. Microwave 1-2 bowls at a time in 20-30 second intervals. Always stir after each interval. I only melt 1-2 at a time so I can manage them. You definitely don't want them to burn. Melt them until smooth, but may have a few lumps. Just stir until all lumps dissolved.
- Next you will want to add a teaspoon of vegetable oil, or shortening stirring until well blended. You may need to add more. You will want the candy to still have some thickness, but run off your spoon so you can drizzle.
- Now you're ready to decorate the popcorn. Pour the white candy melts into the bowl of popcorn, and mix using a large spoon, covering the popcorn.
- While the popcorn is still wet, pour out onto the parchment paper.Spread out so the popcorn is in one layer.
- Dip your small spoons into the candy melts and chocolate drizzle over the popcorn until your reach your desired design.
- While the candy melts and chocolate are still wet, add the sprinkles. This way they will stick.
- Let dry completely, about 15 minutes. With your hands break it apart into different size pieces.
- Line your gift box with the colored tissue paper, and place the popcorn inside. Or just eat and enjoy!!