APPLE PIE OATMEAL
- 2 teaspoons butter (Salted or unsalted is ok, since no added salt to this recipe.)
- 1 medium diced Honeycrisp apple (save some of the diced apples for the topping)
- 1/4 cup walnut pieces (save some for the topping)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 cup quick oats (follow instructions for 2 servings)
- 2 cups water (for cooking the oats)
- milk or milk alternative (for the topping)
Have your ingredients measured, cut, and prepared.
Place the saucepan over medium heat 2minutes, then add the butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, walnuts, and diced apples.Stirring 2 minutes until apples soften.
Next step - follow the label on the quick oats for directions. An additional 5-6minutes.
When liquid is absorbed pour into bowl, add a sprinkle of cinnamon, brown sugar, and milk or milk alternative, and any other toppings you like.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 352kcal | Carbohydrates: 49g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 11mg | Sodium: 52mg | Potassium: 305mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 16g | Vitamin A: 174IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 56mg | Iron: 2mg