Coconut Spinach Smoothie
This smoothie has such a light creamy flavor, and doesn't need any added sweeteners. We used nonfat vanilla yogurt, and coconut cream light to keet the calories down.
Servings: 2 servings
- 1 cup lowfat vanilla yogurt frozen in ice cube tray
- 1 Large banana
- 1 handful spinach
- 1/2 cup coconut cream light in a can
- 1/4-1/2 cup cocnut water add to desired consistency
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon shredded coconut as a garnish for the top
- 2-3 spinach leaves as a garnish for the top
Fill the ice tray with the yogurt. One cup will fill half of the tray. Freeze for at least 4 hours, or until frozen.
In a blender the banana, chia seeds, coconut cream, half of the coconut water, and the frozen yogurt to the top.
Blend on med-high until well blended and no lumps. Check the consistency. This is when you will add more coconut water if you want it thinner.
Add a sprinkle of shredded coconut, and a few spinach leaves to the top to garnish.