Back-to-School Breakfast Ideas
This post has been sponsored by Tyson Foods, Inc. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
As back-to-school takes place, it’s time to start planning the best ways to simplify the morning routine. Quick and easy protein-packed breakfast ideas for kids are a great way to start their day.
As a mom of 2 boys, I’m a believer that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Since we’re usually on the run, I like to keep our mornings simple with easy protein-rich breakfast ideas to get the kids out the door.
After a whirlwind summer, I’m ready to get the kids into a routine again for back-to-school. The best way to start is with the mornings.
Here’s two of our go-to breakfast favorites from Albertsons:
- Jimmy Dean® Sausage, Egg & Cheese Croissant
- Whole Grain Breakfast Turkey Wrap using Hillshire Farm® Ultra Thin Oven Roasted Turkey Lunch Meat.
JIMMY DEAN® SAUSAGE, EGG & CHEESE CROISSANT
The Jimmy Dean® Sausage, Egg & Cheese Croissant is mom-approved due to the convenience of preparation and only a few minutes of cooking time. The kids love the taste and can make these themselves!
Steps to make the Jimmy Dean® Sausage, Egg & Cheese Croissant
3 easy steps:
- Remove from wrapper, and wrap in a paper towel
- Defrost (30% power) for 90 seconds
- Microwave on high for 50 seconds or until hot. Let stand for 1 minute.
Not only is the cooking time perfect but it’s perfectly layered with savory sausage, fluffy eggs and melty cheese on a buttery croissant. Then, add a side of fruit and you have breakfast perfection.
Check out more recipes and tips/tricks as well as coupons on their Tyson Back-to-School product page!
WHOLE GRAIN BREAKFAST TURKEY WRAP
On other mornings, the kids get excited about their other favorite breakfast: this Whole Grain Breakfast Turkey Wrap using Hillshire Farm® Ultra Thin Oven Roasted Turkey Lunch Meat.
It’s layered with avocado, tomatoes, Hillshire Farm® Ultra Thin Oven Roasted Turkey Lunch Meat, fluffy scrambled eggs, mushrooms, and cheese, all folded into a whole grain wrap.
What you will need:
- Hillshire Farm® Ultra Thin Oven Roasted Turkey Lunch Meat
- whole grain wrap
- shredded cheese
Steps to make the Whole Grain Breakfast Turkey Wrap
It looks fancy, but it’s easy to make. My boys like to assemble the wraps by adding the layers of ingredients exactly how they like them. With quick cooking time and assembly, it makes this breakfast a morning favorite.
Meal Planning and Shopping
On Sundays, I plan and shop for our meals for the week. I use the Albertsons app to create my grocery shopping list. Make sure to download the app to create your grocery shopping list, and shop the deals.
Albertsons is my store of choice because I love the unlimited selection of items they offer, and I can get everything on my list in one place.
If your mornings are as busy as ours, then keep it simple by using Jimmy Dean® Sausage, Egg & Cheese Croissant found in the frozen section at Albertsons, and the Whole Grain Breakfast Turkey Wrap using Hillshire Farm® Ultra Thin Oven Roasted Turkey Lunch Meat(found in the meat section.)
Keep them full, keep them happy!
Back-to-School Breakfast Ideas
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 cup white mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons Mexican blend cheese
- 1/4 medium avocado
- 4 slices Hillshire Farm Oven Roasted Turkey Breast
- 3 slices tomato
- 1 whole grain wrap
- In a small bowl whisk eggs and add milk, set aside. Wash and slice mushrooms, set aside.
- In a medium sauce pan on medium heat, add butter. When butter is melted and bubbling a bit, add the mushrooms and saute until brown.
- Add the egg mixture and sprinkle cheese into the pan, moving egg around with spatula until all liquid is cooked.
- Lay out the multi grain wrap, layering first with avocado, turkey, tomatoes, and eggs.
- Then fold one side of the wrap over the top of the eggs, and then fold the other side over. Cut in half, and enjoy!