A healthy smoothie with a rich chocolatey taste!
Click here to watch the YouTube video
The Chocolate Coconut Milk Smoothie is a favorite of mine, and it has all healthy ingredients. What makes this so special is that it does have a rich chocolatey taste, but we left out any refined sugars. In fact, we sweetened this one with agave lite.
Creating recipes with Brody is really fun, and gets me thinking out of the box with ingredients. Encouraging him to develop recipes has taught him about foods, and ingredients. As we were making the smoothie, he had a lot of questions about the ingredient choices. I thought it would be fun to look up a YouTube video on what cocao is. I must say, this was very educational for Brody and I. We began to do a little more research, and found it has several healthy benefits. The benefits to eating cocao powder is really eye opening for me, and I will definitely be adding a little more to my diet.
Ingredients for this delicious smoothie:
- Greek vanilla yogurt
- frozen coconut milk
- cocao powder
- coconut (fresh or shredded)
- raw almonds
- agave lite
We made this with a light chocolate flavor, but feel free to add more. If you do, add a little more sweetener to it or it may be a bit bitter. Alos, you can see we added some shaved chocolate to the top.
He had a hard time posing for this picture, because he wanted so badly to slurp it down. I think he did finish this in seconds, lol. The cup was fun from an amusement park which flashed different colors around the bottom. Brody was definitely enjoying making this video.
I wanted to share this fun Chocolate Video tutorial on the making of chocolate.
This smoothie is yummy, let us know if you make it and leave us a comment below.
CHOCOLATE COCONUT MILK SMOOTHIE
- 1 cup Greek vanilla yogurt
- 1//2 cup frozen coconut milk
- 1 heaping tablespoon cocao powder (bitter, add a little at a time to taste)
- 2 tablespoons coconut (fresh or shredded)
- 1 small handful handful raw almonds
- 1 tablespoon agave lite
- sprinkle toasted coconut add to top
- sprinkle shaved chocolate dark or light (add to top)
- Ice optional
- Add Greek vanilla yogurt, cocao powder, coconut, raw almonds, and agave to the blender.
- Then add frozen coconut milk, to the blender on top of all other ingredients.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour into cups, and top with the toasted coconut, and shaved chocolate.
Leave a Reply
We would love to hear from you!