This Blueberry Cashew Breakfast Bowl makes the best breakfast.
When filming this video, I noticed Brody was a bit off. I realized that the practice for the videos are crucial. Although Brody learns quickly and is comfortable doing the videos, it’s hard for him to remember new ingredients without the practice. Like wheat germ, and the cashew butter which we haven’t worked with before. This is still a learning experience for me when working with the kids. 2 practices close together seems to be the magic number, then shoot the video.
Click images above to view larger.
How cute is this apron? We thought the fabric was so fun, so I had this one made for this episode. The little monster’s look like blueberries. 🙂
This bowl is one of my all time favorites, because of the natural sweetness. It won’t need any additional sweeteners added, because the bananas, dates and blueberries do the trick.
Yes, he ate the whole smoothie bowl. Give this one a try, and you can always sneak in some greens. Another delicious breakfast bowl idea, is our Raspberry Honey Smoothie Bowl.
Let us know if you make this recipe, and give us a comment below.
If you love smoothies, and smoothie bowls, try some of our other great Smoothie & Shake recipes.
Blueberry Cashew Breakfast Bowl
BLUEBERRY CASHEW BREAKFAST BOWL
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 large frozen Bananas cut into slices and frozen
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 5 dates pitted
- 2 tablespoons wheat germ
- 2 tablespoons cashew butter
- milk, or plant based milk add if needed for consistancy
- 1/2 small banana
- 2-3 tablespoons granola
- 1 handful blueberries fresh, not frozen
- 1 handful cashews chopped
- Slice banana, and put in freezer bag. Freeze for at least 4 hours, or overnight.
- Add all of your ingredients to the blender, putting frozen blueberries and bananas to the top.
- Start blending until well mixed, but mixture should stay thick. If it's too think and not blending, use 1-2 tablespoons milk or any plant based milk adding a little at a time until your desired constancy.
- Pour mixture into a bowl, and toppings in any design you would like.
- Eat and enjoy!